The York Central Partnership is inviting residents to learn more about how their feedback has helped to shape and evolve plans for York Central as it continues to engage on proposals for the development.
Two further public workshops focused on movement and the emerging masterplan, organised in collaboration with My York Central, are planned alongside a drop-in day as the partners continue conversations around emerging plans.
The announcement of the latest engagement events follows the Festival of York Central, which saw nearly 6,000 comments and contributions left both online and at 43 events held over a six week period.
The upcoming events include:
- Wednesday 18th July, 6pm -8:30pm, National Railway Museum
- This will focus on the emerging plans for Leeman Road, Marble Arch, the Western access route and the improved Southern pedestrian/ cycle route as well as movement and traffic impact.
- Thursday 19th July, 6pm-8pm, National Railway Museum
- This will focus on the emerging wider masterplan including design, landscape, housing, uses and governance.
- Thursday 26th July, 10:00am – 4:00pm, City of York Council offices entrance foyer
- This will be an opportunity to view some of the revised masterplan information and visuals, and ask any questions of the York Central Partnership team. For those with specific questions, a limited number of 1-2-1 slots with a member of the York Central team will be available to book in advance.
The York Central Partnership is committed to transparent and open engagement and, alongside the events, additional information and reports into areas including movement and traffic and air quality impacts will be made available as they are completed.
Tamsin Hart-Jones, project lead from York Central Partnership, said: “The response we had to the Festival of York Central was fantastic and we have incorporated many elements of the feedback into the masterplan principles and designs. The plans are evolving as we approach a planning application and we wanted to continue the conversation around the emerging designs with York residents.”
To confirm a place at the movement workshop, please click this link which will take you through to Eventbrite where you can sign-up: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/york-central-open-workshop-no1-movement-principles-and-proposals-tickets-47765958267
To confirm a place at the masterplan workshop, please click this link which will take you through to Eventbrite where you can sign-up: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/york-central-open-workshop-no2-masterplan-and-governance-tickets-47766936192
If you would like to book a 1-2-1 slot with a member of the York Central team on Thursday 26th July, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the booking deadline for the workshops is 6pm on Monday 16th July. For the 1-2-1 slots, please confirm your interest before the deadline of 6pm on Monday 23rd July.
You can also find us on Twitter @YRKcentral or @MyYorkCentral